I hope everyone is enjoying 2009 so far!
New Years gives a chance to both look back and look forward. I did a bit of a review of the past year in my blogoversary post (and what a year it was!).
And, while I tend to be crummy at these sorts of things, it’s time to set some goals for the coming year.
- Attain positive net worth. After analyzing my net worth changes using NetworthIQ, and assuming the trends will continue, I should hit a positive net worth by August. To speed this up, I also intend to pay extra on my student loans every month. I think I’ll pay an extra $500-1000 each month, or perhaps just change my monthly payment to what it used to be back when my rates were higher.
- Rebalance my retirement portfolio. My Roth IRA, rollover IRA, and 401(k) are all run by the same financial company. They’ve run some analysis of my overall portfolio, and there are some chances that could be made overall. I set up my new 401(k) as balanced on its own, but when you include my IRAs, the percentages of assorted get thrown off from my ideally balanced portfolio.
Other life goals:
- Live more healthily. I know that goals should be specific if you’re hoping to accomplish them. But I’m looking to you guys for some suggestions. I know there’s exercising to be done, and healthier foods to be eaten, but other than that, I’m not sure what definite goals to make. Well, one is to drop my BMI by 1.5. That might sound extreme, but that means dropping less than a pound a month. I like the idea of being a bit more in the middle of “normal” for my height than towards the top.
- Get and then keep my room clean and organized. My sister is pretty good at this sort of thing, so she’s offered to come by and help me with the initial clean. I’m also reading some organization books to get myself motivated.
- Blog more often! Let’s try at least once a week. I’ve got some ideas in my head (including a post that further discusses the goal to be a healthier person).
So I think those are some good goals! I’d love to hear what your goals are, and how you hope to attain them (especially if they’re health related goals, as that’s something I want to learn more about). Are there any other goals I may have missed?